Saturday, January 11, 2014

"Nothing bad could ever happen to you at Tiffany's"




"Well, when I get it the only thing that does any good is to jump in a cab and go to Tiffany's. Calms me down right away. The quietness and the proud look of it; nothing very bad could happen to you there. If I could find a real-life place that'd make me feel like Tiffany's, then - then I'd buy some furniture and give the cat a name!." (Hollie Golightly, Breakfast at Tiffany's).


  I am extremely proud to have been raised in a family that put an emphasis on classic movies. The faces of Audrey Hepburn and Cary Grant were well known at a young age. Audrey always seemed to be the embodiment of the style that I hoped to one day posses. With my love for Audrey came my love for Breakfast at Tiffany's -and therefore a love for the Tiffany's brand. In this beloved classic,  Audrey's portrayal of Hollie Golightly triggered trends that are still prevalent today. Trends such as the perfect little black dress, pearls, the french twist up-do, and a love for Tiffany's jewelry. Hollie Golightly made America fall in love with Tiffany's.

Audrey Hepburn as Hollie Golightly in "Breakfast at Tiffany's" 



Classic Tiffany & Co. Jewelry box 
As I grew older, it became enchanted with yet another fashion icon who, like Audrey, also had a love for Tiffany's, Blair Waldorf. Blair Waldorf  a fictional character played by Leighton Meester in the CW series Gossip Girl, was an extremely motivated, fashion obsessed, over achiever. Blair's style was my inspiration all throughout middle school and high school. It was only fitting, that in season four, Blair had a Tiffany's themed bridal shower to celebrate her engagement to her prince (literally).
Tiffany's Engagement party
Blair Waldorf in Tiffany Blue sporting a Tiffany & Co key 

I often wondered about the story behind the man that created the Tiffany brand, who built the Tiffany empire, Charles Lewis Tiffany. I wonder if he knew that his product would become that of which was admired for generations, a fashion statement which withstood the true test of time. According to Fashion Times, a film documenting the life of Charles Lewis Tiffany, directed by Matthew Miele, is due to be released Spring 2015. ( http://www.fashiontimes.com/articles/1962/20140110/upcoming-documentary-highlight-transformation-tiffany-co-founder-charles-lewis.htm).


I foresee this film creating a huge spike in the Tiffany Trend for the Spring of 2015. Tiffany blue, classic silver and gold undertones, and the little black dress will be reintroduced with current innovations.


Tiffany Blue Dress, Nude pumps, Jewelry subtle gold undertones 
Classic Little Black Dress with modern flare, Silver and pearl jewelry,Off-white gloves and purse, spunky modern pumps  

2 comments:

  1. Breakfast at Tiffany's is one of my all time favorite movies, too! It will never go out of style :)
    xo,
    Lauren at www.lakeshorelady.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will follow you! cant wait to read your blog :)

      Delete