Tuesday, January 7, 2014

"Not all that Glitters is Gold"



January 19th will be my Golden Birthday -meaning that I turn 19 on the 19th. For the last two months I have been absolutely obsessed with finding the perfect little gold dress.


Lille Dress: $298 *Anthropology*
Layered Bracelets: $9.99 *Etsy* 
Sinclair Glittered Pump: $145 *Michael Kors*
Dreux Filigree Statement Necklace: $24 *Francesca's*



Chiara de Blasio, (known for her headbands, wears a subtle gold band to her fathers inauguration on New Year's Day into the office of mayor. Chiara and her mother wore Nanette Lepore, a local New York designer to support the clothing industry in New York. Her gold head band provided subtle elegance to her ensemble. 
Chiara in a leopard-print "Destination" coat and gold headband  $374.




















I  went shopping yesterday and found countless jewelery displays completely consumed with this golden trend.

Francescas, Park Meadows Mall, Lone Tree Colorado

I foresee Gold consuming accessories for the up-in-coming spring fashion season along with bright colors to contrast with the black and white that spring 2013 was known for. I foresee that 2014 will be a golden year for everyone and I hope that this trend can portray that.

No comments:

Post a Comment