Monday, January 20, 2014

"Zero Is not a Size"

    Who can forget, "One Tree Hill?" - The captivating tv show about beautiful teenagers that seemed to have all of the freedom in the world. They loved each other, the loved their lives, and they loved their bodies. This is the idea that Sophia Bush (who played the character of Brooke Davis on One Tree Hill) is trying to emphasize.

 "Zero is not a size."

Says Sophia Bush who has publicly declared a public boycott on the store Urban Outfitters after seeing a shirt that said "Eat Less" on the front. 

You should issue a public apology, and make a hefty donation to a women’s organization that supports those stricken with eating disorders. I am sickened that anyone, on any board, in your gigantic company would have voted ‘yes’ on such a thing, let alone enough of you to manufacture an item with such a hurtful message. It’s like handing a suicidal person a loaded gun. You should know better.”
Sophia is a complete inspiration. She is absolutely right to be angry. As a curvy girl, I am tired of hearing what I should look like according to society standards. I know that I am beautiful and I also know that eating less won't make me any more beautiful. Also, watching my peers around me struggle with eating disorders and and body image problems, it is difficult for me to support an organization that is in favor of altering body image. I am on board with the boycott and I encourage others to join. 



Sophia has made shirts to support the cause. To purchase them at:
http://www.cafepress.com/mf/18760845/size-zero-phrase_tshirt?productId=123679196?aid=3757152

I cannot wait for mine to come in! I will update the blog with pictures as soon as it is here :)  


 <a href="http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/11580369/?claim=bkrw7sudt8m">Follow my blog with Bloglovin</a>

 

3 comments:

  1. that's why I chose to ignore any sort of propaganda and try not to get involved, I believe any size is beautiful, as long as you are comfortable in it, no one is better than anyone and everyone entitled to their own opinion, so I always ignored any statements, as long as I am comfortable in me, no little t shirt is going to offend me haha you know what I mean x
    http://velvetdivination.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I absolutely agree! I hope that one day, people will be confident enough in themselves where number is not a factor.

      Delete
  2. Sophia Bush is such a beautiful person, especially on the inside. That's what really counts.

    ReplyDelete